- In medium pot over medium/high heat, add seasoned Italian sausage. Brown and cook throughly. Drain, remove sausage and set aside.
- Cook bacon pieces in the same pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Keep bacon fat in pan and stir in the onions and garlic; Cook until onions are soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken bone broth into the pot with the onions and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the diced zucchini, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat and stir in coconut milk and sausage; heat throughly.
- Add chopped bacon, kale, and basil just before serving. Cook until kale is softened and bright green in color.