- 1 pound Nightshade-Free Spicy Italian Sausage
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped with stems removed
- 1 ounce basil, chopped with stems removed
- In medium pot over medium/high heat, add seasoned Italian sausage. Brown and cook throughly. Drain, remove sausage and set aside.
- Cook bacon pieces in the same pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Keep bacon fat in pan and stir in the onions and garlic; Cook until onions are soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken bone broth into the pot with the onions and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the diced zucchini, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat and stir in coconut milk and sausage; heat throughly.
- Add chopped bacon, kale, and basil just before serving. Cook until kale is softened and bright green in color.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes