This Red Flannel Hash is healthy and delicious, making it a perfect meal option for individuals that follow an AIP, Paleo or Whole 30 lifestyle. It incorporates a variety of colorful vegetables including beets, sweet potatoes, radishes, onions, and beet leaves.
- 8 slices bacon (no sugar for whole 30) (chopped)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 2 medium beets (cubed)
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 pound radishes (cubed)
- 2 cups beet leaves loosely packed (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (dried)
- Place sweet potatoes and beets in separate pots and fill with water. Place pots over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil (for approximately 15 minutes or until slightly firm) and drain.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon fat, garlic, onions, and radishes. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Add to skillet and continue to sauté for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Peel and cube beets. Add to skillet.
- Stir in bacon, beet leaves and thyme. Sauté for an additional 5-10 minutes.