Celebrate St. Patty’s Day with this Kombucha “Beer Cheese” Soup! So creamy and simply AIP, Dairy-Free and Paleo!
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 stalks celery (minced)
- 1 16.2 fl. ounce bottle Original Kombucha
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (omit for AIP)
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- optional: garnish with bacon and chives
- Heat bacon fat in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and celery. Sauté for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Pour in original flavor Kombucha and bring to a low simmer.
- Add pumpkin puree and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, coconut aminos, sea salt and dijon mustard.
- In a small bowl whisk arrowroot powder into chicken broth until smooth. Pour slowly and stir rapidly into soup.
- Top with bacon crumbles and fresh chives. Enjoy!
Tip: Use mini food processor to finally chop celery and onion.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes