Whip up this homemade chocolate cake to celebrate a special occasion or for simply no reason at all! It’s literally the Best-Ever Chocolate Cake you will “ever” eat, and no one will “ever” know it’s Paleo!!
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 8 – 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Brush the bottoms and sides of pans with coconut oil
- Mix together avocado oil, honey, coconut sugar, eggs and cocoa
- Add coconut milk and apple cider vinegar
- Add coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and salt
- Stir in hot water and vanilla
- Pour mixture into two cake pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Add honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, and chocolate chips to saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil for one minute.
- To cool, set pan in an ice water bath for 15 minutes.
- Frost cake and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes